GPHAM EXPERT WEBINAR SERIES
Busting Myths about Diastasis Recti and Postpartum Exercise
Interview with Antony Lo
- 2 hours
- Immediate Access
- Access for 6 months
- This webinar is FREE to GPHAM members (see below)
- Medical Providers
- Fitness Professionals
- No pre-requisites
What can I expect?
Antony is here to break down all sort of common assumptions that exist in the medical and fitness world about the core, connective tissue, limitations, "the gap", and much more.
Tracy and Antony dive into common clinical questions such as:
Tracy and Antony dive into common clinical questions such as:
- Is DRA linked to pelvic floor dysfunction?
- Should aesthetics be ignored?
- Is DRA a purely physical issue?
- Does DRA cause back pain?
- Is linea alba tension needed for spinal stability?
- Is DRA the reason for the belly pooching out?
...and SO MUCH MORE!
What you will learn:
- The relationships between diastasis recti and pelvic floor dysfunction
- The biopsychosocial implications and considerations of DRA
- Language to let people feel empower and not afraid
- The anatomy and physiology of DRA and how it may or may not affect other issues that the patient/client may have
- Systemic relationships between the pelvic floor and the abdominal wall
What people are saying:
Your webinars are the best! Thank you for all the opportunities for learning and growing!
So thought provoking, great webinar thank you both!
Thank you so much for your perspective! This entire group has been helping me grow professionally and personally. I couldn't be more appreciative
Did you know that this course is part of a 5 part series of Diastasis Recti Webinars?
10 hours of webinars about DRA available for a price that comes out to $49 per webinar!
- Practical Clinical Applications for Diastasis Recti - Postpartum Assessment and Treatment with Munira Hudani
- Advanced Discussions on Diastasis Recti and Postpartum Research with Antony Lo and Grainne Donnelly
- Busting Myths About Diastasis Recti and Postpartum Exercise with Antony Lo
- Diastasis Recti Research and Clinical Applications with Diane Lee
- Abdominoplasty Surgery Panel with Dr. DeLuca-Pytell, Dr. Lee, and Lisa Ryan
Do you want acces to THIS webinar and ALL of our webinars for one yearly price?
The Global Pelvic Health Alliance Membership offering features designed to help you grow your clinical skills and build your business.
- Webinars: an amazing set of webinars (like this one) that are all included in the membership with the ability to be present at the live recording and ask questions to the presenters.
- Illustrations: We have an illustration that creates anatomy illustrations for us. We are constantly looking for ways of presenting the anatomy in ways that are more accurate and descriptive.
- Handouts: Using the illustrations and an amazing team of colleagues to help review, we create a collection of handouts for you to use with your patients/clients!
- Premiere Directory Listing: While anyone can have a free directory listing, GPHAM members get to have a profile picture, live links, and photo galleries to stand out.
- Global Pelvic Health Support Community: In addition to resources, you can also ask to join the private FB page with hundreds of multidisciplinary professionals from around the world to help you out!
Tracy Sher, PT, MPT, CSCS - Your Host
Tracy Sher is a pelvic physical therapist and is the founder of Pelvic Guru, Pelvic Guru Academy, and the Global Pelvic Health Alliance Membership. She is also an instructor for Pelvic Guru Academy, teaching Pudendal Neuralgia and Complex Pelvic Pain Solutions.
Antony Lo is a physiotherapist from Australia and runs The Physio Detective service and My PT Education. He earned his degree from the University of Sydney and has been in practice since 1997 (old enough to see old things come back as new things!). He completed his post-graduate Master in Manual Therapy (Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy) from the University of Western Australia and commenced his Specialization training in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy. He has been working at the junction of Musculoskeletal, Sports Rehab and Performance, and Women’s Health for his whole career. He has experience participating and coaching a range of sports and has been a consultant for a number of different types of elite sports athletes of all ages.
What is the Cancelation & Refund Policy?
For this online pre-recorded course the option for a full refund is available within 48 hours of purchase, however it is non-refundable upon either of these conditions:
- You have viewed more than 50% of the course material
- You have already claimed your CE certificate
If you need additional assistance with a refund or course concern, please email email@example.com.
Will there be any part of this course where I could be recorded?
There may be live participation parts of this course and they may be recorded live and screenshots maybe be taken by the instructor or the host. If your camera is on, your microphone is on, or you type comments in the comment section, your participation will be part of that recording. If you do not wish to be part of this recording, you will be responsible for keeping your video and audio recording OFF during any live recorded sessions.
How can I use the handouts, videos, and course supplemental material?
You will be provided with online content and recordings of the course as well as slides and material related to the course. This material is for your personal use only. Please do not use clips of video, screen captures, screenshots, or copying in any way, that you might be presenting it as your own (whether or not it is for financial gain). Sharing a screenshot to social media that is credited to the instructor and/or Pelvic Guru, LLC is acceptable. If you would like to use any of this content for an independent project, you need to discuss this directly with Pelvic Guru and the instructor of the course.
Will I have to exercise or have a space to move for this course?
Some of the Pelvic Guru Academy courses have sections in them in which you will have the option of doing movement at various levels. Understand that all physical therapy, rehabilitative, and strength training instruction and use of all facilities and equipment shall be done at you own risk, and please be physically and medically able to undertake any and all physical therapy, rehabilitative, and strength training instruction provided in the course.