GPHAM EXPERT WEBINAR SERIES
Urology and Sexual Medicine Hot Topics
Discussion with Tracy Sher and Rachel Rubin
- 2 hours
- Immediate Access
- Access for 6 months
- This webinar is FREE to GPHAM members (see below)
- Medical Providers
- No pre-requisites
What can I expect?
Discussions on these and more:
- The new study about exposing some of the issues with the WHI study regarding estrogen and other hormones and breast cancer.
- Is there a place for testosterone for women - oral vs pellets vs creams etc.
- Topical medicine options at the vulva that are shown to be effective or that she recommends for vulvodynia, estrogen changes, lichen sclerosis, etc.
- Painful bladder syndrome/ IC
What people are saying:
I can't say thank you enough - great presentation - forthright, honest and informative! Thank you both!
This talk was fantastic! I feel like I have a much better understanding of how to help advocate for my patients who can benefit from different types of hormone therapy.
I loved the thoughtful discussion about the current attitudes about estrogen use and cancer risk. This was incredibly helpful for my understanding and also how to support my patients with their quality of life concerns when they seem to be at odds with the myth about HRT and cancer.
What You Will Learn:
- The importance of pelvic PT on the sexual health care team
- Types of estrogen and how they work
- Differences in contraception options and how to help analyze and advise on use
- The facts behind the controversy on hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Types of testosterone therapy for cis women
- Local versus oral hormone therapy
- Preventative care for vulvar atrophy and recurrent UTIs
- Use of HRT for people trying to get pregnant
- Topical hormone cream and oral sex
- Laser therapy considerations
- Use of HRT with oncology treatment
Do you want to watch THIS webinar and ALL of our other webinars for one yearly price?
The Global Pelvic Health Alliance Membership offering features designed to help you grow your clinical skills and build your business.
- Webinars: an amazing set of webinars (like this one) that are all included in the membership with the ability to be present at the live recording and ask questions to the presenters.
- Illustrations: We have an illustration that creates anatomy illustrations for us. We are constantly looking for ways of presenting the anatomy in ways that are more accurate and descriptive.
- Handouts: Using the illustrations and an amazing team of colleagues to help review, we create a collection of handouts for you to use with your patients/clients!
- Premiere Directory Listing: While anyone can have a free directory listing, GPHAM members get to have a profile picture, live links, and photo galleries to stand out.
- Global Pelvic Health Support Community: In addition to resources, you can also ask to join the private FB page with hundreds of multidisciplinary professionals from around the world to help you out!
Tracy Sher, PT, MPT, CSCS - Your Host
Tracy Sher is a pelvic physical therapist and is the founder of Pelvic Guru, Pelvic Guru Academy, and the Global Pelvic Health Alliance Membership. She is also an instructor for Pelvic Guru Academy, teaching Pudendal Neuralgia and Complex Pelvic Pain Solutions.
Rachel Rubin, MD
Dr. Rachel Rubin is a urologic surgeon who specializes in the treatment of sexual dysfunction in both men and women. Her expertise includes erectile dysfunction, pelvic pain, penile curvature, low testosterone, low libido, sexual arousal disorders, urinary incontinence, penile implants, and menopause care.
What is the Cancelation & Refund Policy?
For this online pre-recorded course the option for a full refund is available within 48 hours of purchase, however it is non-refundable upon either of these conditions:
- You have viewed more than 50% of the course material
- You have already claimed your CE certificate
If you need additional assistance with a refund or course concern, please email email@example.com.
Will there be any part of this course where I could be recorded?
There may be live participation parts of this course and they may be recorded live and screenshots maybe be taken by the instructor or the host. If your camera is on, your microphone is on, or you type comments in the comment section, your participation will be part of that recording. If you do not wish to be part of this recording, you will be responsible for keeping your video and audio recording OFF during any live recorded sessions.
How can I use the handouts, videos, and course supplemental material?
You will be provided with online content and recordings of the course as well as slides and material related to the course. This material is for your personal use only. Please do not use clips of video, screen captures, screenshots, or copying in any way, that you might be presenting it as your own (whether or not it is for financial gain). Sharing a screenshot to social media that is credited to the instructor and/or Pelvic Guru, LLC is acceptable. If you would like to use any of this content for an independent project, you need to discuss this directly with Pelvic Guru and the instructor of the course.
Will I have to exercise or have a space to move for this course?
Some of the Pelvic Guru Academy courses have sections in them in which you will have the option of doing movement at various levels. Understand that all physical therapy, rehabilitative, and strength training instruction and use of all facilities and equipment shall be done at you own risk, and please be physically and medically able to undertake any and all physical therapy, rehabilitative, and strength training instruction provided in the course.