Better Outcomes Through Accurate PFM Assessment:
- 3 hours
- Click below for CEU specifics for each state.
- Immediate access
- Unlimited access to course contents
- All pelvic health providers
What to expect:
Did you know there are new standardized terms for pelvic floor assessments? This course highlights the key elements of:
𝗔𝗻 𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗦𝗼𝗰𝗶𝗲𝘁𝘆 (𝗜𝗖𝗦) 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗽𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗶𝗰 𝗳𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗰𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁.
This 44 page document was developed by an incredibly gifted group of multidisciplinary pelvic health professionals from around the world and sets the INTERNATIONAL GOLD STANDARD for terminology/documentation for pelvic floor assessments.
Here are some highlights of nuances and changes in terms (and there’s so much more!):
- TENDER POINT (move away from “trigger point”- it’s outdated)
- Overactive and underactive pelvic floor - terms to be used with EMG testing only (not digital exam)
- Hypertonic/Hypotonic - Only used for those with neurologic presentations (not general pfm terms)
- Myalgia = pain without increased muscle tone.
- Tension myalgia = pain with increased muscle tone (move away from tight or shortened).
- Spasm can be used but it’s a spectrum and it’s tricky to be objective.
What people are saying:
- Tracy Sher, PT, DPT, CSCS
- Terri Robertson Elder PT, DPT, CLT-LANA
- Heather Edwards, PT, MPT, CSC
What will you learn?
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List essential PFM clinical assessment techniques
- Recognize the importance of accurate assessment in the development of plan of care
- Apply PFM assessment terms to selected clinical presentations of PFM weakness and spasm
What people are saying:
- Bhavti Soni, PT, DPT, PHC
- Susan Clinton, PT, DScPT, OCS, WCS, FAAOMPT, NBCHWC
- Antony Lo, APA Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Dr. Beth Shelly, PT, DPT, WCS, BCB-PMD
Who is on the Q&A Panels?
Dr. Tracy Sher, PT, DPT, CSCS
Dr. Susan Coel Clinton, PT, DScPT, OCS, WCS, FAAOMPT, NBCHWC
Heather Edwards, PT, MPT, CSC
Antony Lo, APA Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Dr. Terri Roberson Elder, PT, DPT, CLT-LANA
Dr. Bhavti Soni, PT, DPT, PHC
For other courses, the option for a full refund is available within 48 hours of purchase, however it is non-refundable upon either of these conditions:
- You have viewed more than 50% of the course material
- You have already claimed your CE certificate