GPHAM EXPERT WEBINAR SERIES
Diastasis Recti Research and Clinical Applications
Interview with Diane Lee
- 2 hours
- Immediate Access
- Access for 6 months
- This webinar is FREE to GPHAM members (see below)
- Medical Providers
- Fitness Professionals
- No pre-requisites
What can I expect?
Diane Lee discusses the interplay of the trunk muscles what research shows us. She digs into deeper analysis to talk about how how clinical reasoning is still important to determine what is best for the individual. As well as covering anatomy and physiology, she discusses assessment and functional application and where we might be critical clues with palpation. Diane Lee also makes some very good points about the psychosocial aspects of DRA and treatment options. She also does an amazing analysis on the research that came out only weeks prior to recording this interview.
What people are saying:
I am sooo grateful to you, the webinar was great. Diane Lee is a wealth of information, which I knew, and this webinar gave me so much new information/tools to use for my patients. I don’t see a lot of post partum, but this will be helpful for a few that come to see me. Thank you both of you!
I am so very grateful for your time, expertise and clinical insights. What a huge gift! This will definitely be one to watch over again... Thank you!
Diane Lee thank you so much for sharing your time, clinical insights and expertise. Thanks Tracy Sher for everything that GPHAM is!
What you will learn:
- Effective positions and techniques for assessing DRA
- Determining what strategies people are using for stabilizing their trunk
- Understanding what strategies might have implications on other parts of pelvic health as well as what activities might be challenging with that strategy
- Understanding when surgical options might be able to help
- The psychosocial factors that come into play with DRA
- The latest research on the detailed anatomy of the abdominal wall muscles and fascial sheaths
- Many other clinical pearls!
Diane Lee-- you truly are so pivotal in how I've always practiced over the past 12 years, thank you for transforming the PT world, you have also helped me on my healing journey with my moderate DRA.
Thank you so much for getting all these great teachers on your GPHAM group! I’m so pumped to be a part of this group!!
Diane Lee, PT is my absolute favorite educator. Been using her stuff since I took her class back in the early 2000's. To all you PT's out there that have not been exposed to her information, she is the most thorough and straight forward teacher. I use her stuff every day and quote her constantly. Manual therapy, biomechanics and tissue specificity exercise is key.
Did you know that this course is part of a 5 part series of Diastasis Recti Webinars?
10 hours of webinars about DRA available for a price that comes out to $49 per webinar!
- Practical Clinical Applications for Diastasis Recti - Postpartum Assessment and Treatment with Munira Hudani
- Advanced Discussions on Diastasis Recti and Postpartum Research with Antony Lo and Grainne Donnelly
- Busting Myths About Diastasis Recti and Postpartum Exercise with Antony Lo
- Diastasis Recti Research and Clinical Applications with Diane Lee
- Abdominoplasty Surgery Panel with Dr. DeLuca-Pytell, Dr. Lee, and Lisa Ryan
Do you want to watch THIS webinar and ALL of our webinars for one yearly price?
This webinar is part of the our GPHAM series. The Global Pelvic Health Alliance Membership offering features designed to help you grow your clinical skills and build your business.
- Webinars: an amazing set of webinars since the beginning of GPHAM (including this one) that are all included in the membership with the ability to be present at the live recording and ask questions to the presenters.
- Illustrations: We have an illustration that creates anatomy illustrations for us. We are constantly looking for ways of presenting the anatomy in ways that are more accurate and descriptive.
- Handouts: Using the illustrations and an amazing team of colleagues to help review, we create a collection of handouts for you to use with your patients/clients!
- Premiere Directory Listing: While anyone can have a free directory listing, GPHAM members get to have a profile picture, live links, and photo galleries to stand out.
- Global Pelvic Health Support Community: In addition to resources, you can also ask to join the private FB page with hundreds of multidisciplinary professionals from around the world to help you out!
Tracy Sher, PT, MPT, CSCS - Your Host
Tracy Sher is the Founder and CEO of Pelvic Guru, Pelvic Guru Academy, and the Global Pelvic Health Alliance Membership. She is also an instructor for Pelvic Guru Academy, teaching Pudendal Neuralgia and Complex Pelvic Pain Solutions. She has a thriving clinical practice, Sher Pelvic Health & Healing in Orlando, FL. She celebrates the pelvic health community by bringing together experts to help raise the bar for global pelvic health.
Diane owns, directs and is a practicing physiotherapist at Diane Lee & Associates. She has continued to maintain an on-going clinical practice for over 40 years and while she follows the research evidence closely, she draws from this deep clinical experience for her teaching and lecturing in the clinic, in Canada and internationally. https://learnwithdianelee.com/
What is the Cancelation & Refund Policy?
For this online pre-recorded course the option for a full refund is available within 48 hours of purchase, however it is non-refundable upon either of these conditions:
- You have viewed more than 50% of the course material
- You have already claimed your CE certificate
If you need additional assistance with a refund or course concern, please email email@example.com.
Will there be any part of this course where I could be recorded?
There may be live participation parts of this course and they may be recorded live and screenshots maybe be taken by the instructor or the host. If your camera is on, your microphone is on, or you type comments in the comment section, your participation will be part of that recording. If you do not wish to be part of this recording, you will be responsible for keeping your video and audio recording OFF during any live recorded sessions.
How can I use the handouts, videos, and course supplemental material?
You will be provided with online content and recordings of the course as well as slides and material related to the course. This material is for your personal use only. Please do not use clips of video, screen captures, screenshots, or copying in any way, that you might be presenting it as your own (whether or not it is for financial gain). Sharing a screenshot to social media that is credited to the instructor and/or Pelvic Guru, LLC is acceptable. If you would like to use any of this content for an independent project, you need to discuss this directly with Pelvic Guru and the instructor of the course.
Will I have to exercise or have a space to move for this course?
Some of the Pelvic Guru Academy courses have sections in them in which you will have the option of doing movement at various levels. Understand that all physical therapy, rehabilitative, and strength training instruction and use of all facilities and equipment shall be done at you own risk, and please be physically and medically able to undertake any and all physical therapy, rehabilitative, and strength training instruction provided in the course.