GPHAM EXPERT WEBINAR SERIES
Running During Pregnancy and Postpartum
Tracy Sher interviews Blair Green and Kate Edwards
- 2 hours
- Immediate Access
- Access for 6 months
- This webinar is FREE to GPHAM members (see below)
- Medical Providers
- No pre-requisites
What can I expect?
Discussions on the following and more:
- Is there ever a time or conditions when a person who is pregnant should stop running? What to know and contraindications
- Pregnancy and running with leaking or prolapse? What are the options?
- How and when to return to running after baby? Is there a best way to prepare and scale?
- Pelvic floor and abdominal screening with a running program
- Postpartum running - managing abdominal diastasis, hernias, leaking, and prolapse
What people are saying:
Nothing better than listening that using information as soon as you get to work. Thanks so much for a great presentation!
This was incredibly helpful for me to understand some of the advice I have been giving to my pregnant patients might be too restrictive. I'll definitely take this information with me into the clinic tomorrow and start advising my pregnant patient's in a way that's more empowering.
I feel like I have so many more helpful suggestions for ways I can help women keep running through pregnancy and postpartum. This was so helpful!!
What You Will Learn:
- Guidelines for advising people on running during pregnancy
- Monitoring exercise intensity when pregnant
- Ways of managing running and leaking that starts with pregnancy
- The role of the pelvic floor for leaking during pregnancy
- Breathing, alignment, and diaphragm during pregnancy
- When should the pelvic floor be activated during impact exercise
- Dispelling pregnancy and postpartum myths about running
- Postpartum running considerations for high-end athletes
Do you want to watch THIS webinar and ALL of our other webinars for one yearly price?
The Global Pelvic Health Alliance Membership offering features designed to help you grow your clinical skills and build your business.
- Webinars: an amazing set of webinars (like this one) that are all included in the membership with the ability to be present at the live recording and ask questions to the presenters.
- Illustrations: We have an illustration that creates anatomy illustrations for us. We are constantly looking for ways of presenting the anatomy in ways that are more accurate and descriptive.
- Handouts: Using the illustrations and an amazing team of colleagues to help review, we create a collection of handouts for you to use with your patients/clients!
- Premiere Directory Listing: While anyone can have a free directory listing, GPHAM members get to have a profile picture, live links, and photo galleries to stand out.
- Global Pelvic Health Support Community: In addition to resources, you can also ask to join the private FB page with hundreds of multidisciplinary professionals from around the world to help you out!
Tracy Sher, PT, MPT, CSCS - Your Host
Tracy Sher is a pelvic physical therapist and is the founder of Pelvic Guru, Pelvic Guru Academy, and the Global Pelvic Health Alliance Membership. She is also an instructor for Pelvic Guru Academy, teaching Pudendal Neuralgia and Complex Pelvic Pain Solutions.
Blair Green, PT, DPT, OCS, PHC
Blair founded Catalyst Physical Therapy which is a concierge practice with a focus on prenatal, post-partum and pelvic health. Blair focuses on the things that matter most: commitment to my patients and attention to detail. She tackles simple as well as complex problems and have a special interest in supporting all women who are expecting or who have had children. She utilizes a holistic approach, combining manual therapies, Pilates, strength training and education. She believes that #momsmatter and need to be supported in the healthcare system.
Kate Edwards, PT, DPT, OCS
Dr. Edwards is a physical therapist, author & educator helping healthcare professionals widen the lens on treating and caring for endurance athletes. Through 11 years of successfully treating thousands of frustrated athletes while navigating her own injuries and health struggles, she believes that an athlete's success is so much more than their body or their sport.
Cancelation and Refund Policy
For this online pre-recorded course the option for a full refund is available within 48 hours of purchase, however it is non-refundable upon either of these conditions:
- You have viewed more than 50% of the course material
- You have already claimed your CE certificate
If you need additional assistance with a refund or course concern, please email email@example.com.