GPHAM EXPERT WEBINAR SERIES
Yoga and Pelvic Health-Essentials for Every Health Practice
Discussion with Tracy Sher, Dustienne Miller, & Shelly Prosko
- 2 hours
- Immediate Access
- Access for 6 months
- This webinar is FREE to GPHAM members (see below)
- Medical Providers
- No pre-requisites
What can I expect?
I’m bringing on two of the leading experts in yoga and pelvic health, Dustienne Miller and Shelly Prosko!
We will be discussing:
- Practical ways that every type of pelvic health, sexual health, or fitness practice can integrate yoga into their care
- Home solutions for integrating yoga and pelvic health
- Yoga for pelvic pain vs yoga for incontinence
- When should one consider a yoga certification and what options are there?
- **Biz addition** Both Dustienne and Shelly have successfully created online yoga programs they sell worldwide. Learn how they set this up and ways you can do that in your niche.
What people are saying:
Thank you very much Shelly Prosko and Dustienne Miller for sharing your expertise in Yoga for Pelvic Floor issues with us. I have been following several of your works available online.
I learned so much about the usefulness of various poses when it comes to what I want the pelvic to be able to do! This will be so helpful in the clinic!
This will be so valuable for so many of my patients. You gave me some things to consider that I hadn't before when it comes to poses and pelvic floor function!
What You Will Learn:
- The role of yoga in healing and holistic care
- Yoga concepts of both contracting the pelvic floor as well as relaxing and opening the pelvic floor
- Use of breath for assisting pelvic floor healing
- How to use biomechanical training to create a greater deal of safety for yoga positions
- Positions and cues that can help for patients with pelvic floor dysfunction
Do you want to watch THIS webinar and ALL of our other webinars for one yearly price?
The Global Pelvic Health Alliance Membership offering features designed to help you grow your clinical skills and build your business.
- Webinars: an amazing set of webinars (like this one) that are all included in the membership with the ability to be present at the live recording and ask questions to the presenters.
- Illustrations: We have an illustration that creates anatomy illustrations for us. We are constantly looking for ways of presenting the anatomy in ways that are more accurate and descriptive.
- Handouts: Using the illustrations and an amazing team of colleagues to help review, we create a collection of handouts for you to use with your patients/clients!
- Premiere Directory Listing: While anyone can have a free directory listing, GPHAM members get to have a profile picture, live links, and photo galleries to stand out.
- Global Pelvic Health Support Community: In addition to resources, you can also ask to join the private FB page with hundreds of multidisciplinary professionals from around the world to help you out!
Tracy Sher, PT, MPT, CSCS - Your Host
Tracy Sher is a pelvic physical therapist and is the founder of Pelvic Guru, Pelvic Guru Academy, and the Global Pelvic Health Alliance Membership. She is also an instructor for Pelvic Guru Academy, teaching Pudendal Neuralgia and Complex Pelvic Pain Solutions.
Dustienne Miller, CYT, PT, MS, WCS
In 2011, while working as a pelvic health physical therapist, I saw a void in resources available for folks dealing with pelvic pain and incontinence. I created the pelvic health video series "Your Pace Yoga", to offer strategies for home practice for patients to augment the treatment received in the clinic and to maintain more optimal function. These programs are designed to help support the medical treatment of bladder pain, urinary urgency, vulvar pain, endometriosis, fibromyalgia, penis pain, perineal pain, tailbone pain, constipation, prolapse, and incontinence.
Shelly Prosko, PT, C-IAYT, CPI
I serve as a physiotherapist, yoga therapist, author, speaker and educator dedicated to empowering individuals to create and sustain meaningful lives through use of a PhysioYoga approach, a combination of physiotherapy and yoga.
I guest lecture at medical colleges, teach at yoga therapy schools and yoga teacher trainings, speak internationally at conferences, contribute to yoga academic research and offer onsite and online continuing education courses for yoga and healthcare professionals on topics surrounding persistent (chronic) pain, pelvic health, compassion in healthcare and professional burnout. I am a Pain Care Yoga Trainer and co-editor and co-author of the textbook Yoga and Science in Pain Care: Treating the Person in Pain by Singing Dragon Publishers.
I'm a graduate of the University of Saskatchewan and have extensive training in numerous specialty areas with over 20 years of experience integrating yoga therapy into rehabilitation and wellness care. I value the knowledge gained from clinical experience and learning from my patients, the professionals I teach and the colleagues with which I collaborate.
I maintain a clinical practice in Sylvan Lake, Canada and mentor professionals who are interested in pursuing this integrative path.
I believe that meaningful connections and sharing kindness and joy can be powerful contributors to healing and well-being.
Please visit www.physioyoga.ca for more info and resources.
What is the Cancelation & Refund Policy?
For this online pre-recorded course the option for a full refund is available within 48 hours of purchase, however it is non-refundable upon either of these conditions:
- You have viewed more than 50% of the course material
- You have already claimed your CE certificate
If you need additional assistance with a refund or course concern, please email email@example.com.
Will there be any part of this course where I could be recorded?
There may be live participation parts of this course and they may be recorded live and screenshots maybe be taken by the instructor or the host. If your camera is on, your microphone is on, or you type comments in the comment section, your participation will be part of that recording. If you do not wish to be part of this recording, you will be responsible for keeping your video and audio recording OFF during any live recorded sessions.
How can I use the handouts, videos, and course supplemental material?
You will be provided with online content and recordings of the course as well as slides and material related to the course. This material is for your personal use only. Please do not use clips of video, screen captures, screenshots, or copying in any way, that you might be presenting it as your own (whether or not it is for financial gain). Sharing a screenshot to social media that is credited to the instructor and/or Pelvic Guru, LLC is acceptable. If you would like to use any of this content for an independent project, you need to discuss this directly with Pelvic Guru and the instructor of the course.
Will I have to exercise or have a space to move for this course?
Some of the Pelvic Guru Academy courses have sections in them in which you will have the option of doing movement at various levels. Understand that all physical therapy, rehabilitative, and strength training instruction and use of all facilities and equipment shall be done at you own risk, and please be physically and medically able to undertake any and all physical therapy, rehabilitative, and strength training instruction provided in the course.